The first stop on our trip to California was San Francisco. We landed late Thursday night - if you are traveling east to west, I would recommend taking the red eye because when you land, you will have gained 3 hours.
- Accommodation: Hotel Nikko
- Transportation: Bus, cable car, tour bus and foot
- Best Breakfast: Taylor Street Coffee Shop- try their hash brown skillet.
- Best Lunch: Roam Artisan Burger- to die for.
- Best Sushi: Domo - quaint loungey feel - ridiculous fish tacos and rolls.
- Best Coffee: Blue Bottle is the best. Although a bit steep at $4 for a latte, it is totally worth it. They use special New Jersey dairy cows that produce the creamiest milk in the world! I would have to say they made my favorite coffee to date.
Things To Do:
- Take a stroll through Hayes Valley
- Eat Smitten ice cream
- Hike through the Golden Gate National Park
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Take a night tour of Alcatraz
- Shop at Union Square
- Walk through Lombard Street
- Take a day trip to Salsalito
- Visit the sea lions at the Wharf
- Take a paper craft class at Paper Source
- Have a hot chocolate from Ghirardelli
- Enjoy the views at the Sutro Baths
& pet every frenchie you see walking by!
Overall, we loved San Fran. It was a first time visit for me and a second time visit for Gabriel. Similar to Seattle, San Fran is an artsy city with great food, local spots and quirky people. I would also recommend visiting during this time of the year- we experienced amazing weather... high 60s mid day and low 40s at night. Perfect fall weather!