For as long as I can remember, my Abuela Minnie has made delicious meals...from decadent Lasagnas smothered in Marinara Sauces to Zucchini Breads to Thanksgiving Mojo cover Turkey to Carrot Cake topped with Cheese Frosting- - -just to name a few!
I like to believe that some of my culinary passion came from her devotion to cooking. Food is such a powerful tool- it brings families together, creates memories and shows others how much you care.
The first time I tried her Chicken Salad, was on a Beach Vacation two summers ago...
This dish is the perfect component to any summer picnic, bible study, day at the beach, or even for a luncheon in honor of your best friend!
Scrumptious Chicken Salad
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Dash of Salt/ Pepper
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbs. Light Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup of Walnuts
- 1 Gala Apple
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 1 White Onion
- Grapes (optional)
- Boil chicken breasts in water until cooked.
- Season chicken with a dash of salt/ pepper & olive oil once cooked.
- Set chicken aside and let cool.
- While chicken is cooling- chop the apple, celery, onion & walnuts into small pieces.
- Mix all chopped ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Once chicken is cooled, chop it into small pieces.
- Add chicken to the chopped mixture in the large bowl.
- Spoon 4 Tbs of Mayonnaise into the bowl on top of all ingredients.
- Mix together.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Serve over toast, left alone, or my favorite- over saltine crackers!
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes